The online application to submit your organization as a candidate for participation in Cleveland GiveCamp opens each Spring. Notification of selection will be communicated to nonprofit organizations about a month before the event.
Please gather the following information as you prepare to apply for GiveCamp.
- Organization name and address
- Organization Website
- Organization history and background
- Tax ID Number as a 501(c)3 nonprofit
- Electronic Copy of your IRS Determination Letter for validation
- Electronic Copy of your IRS Form 990 for validation
- Contact Name
- Contact Email
- Contact Phone Number
- Contact Mobile Phone
- How did you hear about Cleveland GiveCamp?
- Project Description (work requested) (i.e. Is it a website, database application, mobile site/mobile app, something else?)
- Project Stakeholders
- Project Goals
- Look (i.e. if it is website, what do you want it to look like – modern, traditional, etc.)
- Web Plugins – (Is there specific software or apps that must be integrated into the project? Online giving, membership module, etc.)
- Examples of websites you like
- Examples of websites you don’t like.
- Comments on Existing Technologies
- Comments on Skill of Support Staff
Each year, we select around 15 to 20 nonprofits to serve. This number varies based upon the number of technical volunteers who have committed to help at the event and the scope of the projects. Our ultimate goal is to complete all projects in a weekend.
When selecting our nonprofit partners, we evaluate the projects based on certain criteria:
- Can we complete the project over the course of the weekend?
- Will the project greatly enhance the mission of the nonprofit?
- Will the nonprofit NOT be able to do this project without our help? Meaning, do they have the financial resources to do it on their own? We want to make sure we help those who need it most.
Keep in mind it is instrumental that your organization has someone with decision-making authority available during the entire GiveCamp weekend.